1. The first activity I took was the Time to Think: Making Observations which was being able to click fast on a button when an object appears. Then it starts to get harder by having to read word and do as they say. Lastly they ask you to do the opposite of the directions. I learned that your reactions are slow ask your mind is given more to think about which didn't surprise me at all, because the more the brain has to process the more time it need in order to do an action. It applies to everyday life by knowing that the more complicated at job may be the more time it will take to do it. Multitasking is possible but will take more time to do each activity. It doesn't change the way that I perceive the world.
2. The other activity I did was Seeing More than Your Eye Does which is keeping your right eye on a plus on the left and getting closer to the screen the dot on the right disappears, but then it get weird. The dot is replace with the color behind it and also completes the line that is through it. I concluded that your eyes have a blind spot in it that the brain can't interpret it, which surprise me by the fact it disappears and whats behind it takes its place. It applies to life by blind spot affecting our actions and not seeing something when watching a different object. It changes my way of how I will look at objects so I do not miss anything.
In this unit I also learned that Drugs and other chemicals can do much worse to your brain than I thought. The single bit from a widow spider can be very lethal even though they are so small. The other thing that I learned was that dominance in hand is effected by the brain. Right hands (majority of people) use mainly one side of their brain and a Left hands (about 10%) use an equal amount of their brain. I'm not sure how it really effects me now but is something that is interesting to learn about.
The Man with Two Brains is a very interesting video that shows what side of the brain controls what you think and interpret what you see in the world. I like the end of the movie when it talks about what side of the brain your shouldn't go without which is the left side of the brain.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree that our reactions are slow. I can relate to this saying. I am always slow at reactions. When someone says something to me that I am unfamilier with, it takes me awhile to finally understand what they meant and then I feel stupid yelling out "Oh I get it!" five minutes later.
ReplyDeleteI thought that your blog was really interesting about what you said with the time to think. It's amazing how some people are really good at multitasking and some are not. It's interesting to see how fast you can react to differen't things. Depending on what is happening may chance your reaction time. I like your way of thinking.
ReplyDelete