Tuesday, October 27, 2009

blog 7

1. Sensation is what you sense with your 5 senses: hear, see, smell, touch, and taste. Perception is how you interprate what you sense. Like tasting a lemon, you perceive it to be sower, but not everyone have the same perception, because someone else, like me, will not think it is sower but watery.
2. The best thing I read in this chapter is the infants on the Visual Cliff. It is interesting that they know depth perception and know that the floor is lover on the other side. It doesn't change the way I think about anything. It applies by knowing that at the infant stage you can develop enough and learn to know depth perception.
3. Even 24,576 Measurements Couldn't Prove Plants Have Souls- Gustuv Fechner wanted to prove that plants had souls. He did experiments to measure the relationship between stimulus and the resulting sensations. In one experiment he took 24,576 measurement and then wrote a book to help his progress.
It is interesting to know if plants have souls or not. If anyone had a spirt inside their body is beyond me. I changes but wonder if they do or don't. It applies by some people with not eat plants anymore because they would not want to kill anything with a soul.

1 comment:

  1. I also found it very interesting that even at a young age we have depth perception that helps keep us out of danger. I found it fascinating that even if the mother was on the other side the baby still didn't want to cross over the cliff to get to the mother even though there was a bridge.

    ReplyDelete