1. I learned that it is hard life back then, but you didn't need a high school degree to get a good job. I was surprised that it is expected for men to go to work right after their 8th grade year. My life you are expected to go through school until you graduate from college in order to get a good job. I would not because I believe that school is a very important part of life and I would not want to work so hard for so little return.
2.I thought that the video showed a good representation of parenting and adolescence. My adolescent years are stress full and full of confusion. I think that these years of adolescents is important, by experience, to learn and to shape you future life.
3. I learned in chapter 4 is that cultural differences are a lot different than I thought. The fact that it is alright for men in Arab to greet each other with a kiss. I find it oddly weird, but what we do is weird to them.
4. The most surprising thing that I read from chapter 5 is that babies are born legally blind. A baby go through motor stages also from sit to crawl to walk to run. Babies learn fast and realize different things by the age of 3 months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think it would be nice if in present day we could get a great job without having to go to college! I do agree that school is extremely important though. It is very true that our culture seems weird to people of different cultures, as we think it's weird for men to greet with a kiss. It makes me wonder what people think is weird about American culture. I also thought it was very interesting that babies are born legally blind, I had no idea!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree on the culture issue. It brings to focus that in India they worship cows and here we fry them up and eat them. So they probally think that's horrible and inhumane for slaughtering their prized animal.
ReplyDelete