Sunday, December 13, 2009

blog 13

I thought the experiments really showed how people react in different situations. It is interesting that all of the experiments show how people follow others. How if someone is given a job they will do that job even if they know that they will eventually hurt someone else. Human nature only needs to think that they are doing something important in order to follow someone without any thought to themselves about what they are doing is wrong.
Social influence is the way people act when even a job or the way they are treated. When someone is given a job that they don’t normally have then they act completely different then any other time. When I am partnered up with someone on a project, I act more like a leader. I show my ideas and I do as much as I can to help out or do most of the work. I usual procrastinate a lot. Also when I have to speak to people that I don’t know I can do it but when someone doesn’t tell me to or if I am by myself it is very hard for me to come up with the courage to talk to the stranger.
The most interesting thing I learned in this class is the mind is a very powerful thing, the fact that the mind controls your action in situations that you normally would not think of. Your unconscious mind is where your disorders come from and your wonder about all the things that happen to yourself. There are different reactions that people you normally thought wouldn’t do actually will do in order to obey someone are do their job. I also believe that your dreams are the most interesting thing someone has. Dreams can be unlocking your unconscious mind and can show what you are most stressed about through different interpretations.

2 comments:

  1. I found it very interesting also how in the experiments, people conformed very easily. I found it crazy that people were willing to hurt others just because of an experiment. I found it interesting to learn about the experiments, but finding out how people willing hurt others just creeped me out. If I were to be in that situation, I would really hope that I would have the power to not conform. I also found it interesting in this class that the mind is so powerful ... and how it controls almost everything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The experiment with the shocking didn't suprise me for people going all the way. Sometimes people think if this is what I have to do to this person then what are they going to do to me if I don't do this. Being scared of someone or something is a powerful motivation.

    ReplyDelete