Sunday, December 13, 2009

bog 12

I believe that psychological disorders are mainly in your unconscious mind that interferes with one's everyday life. In the text, psychological disorders are ongoing patterns of thought, feelings, and actions that are deviant, distressful, and /or dysfunctional. Abnormal is not always dealing with psychological disorders. I think that men that dress in pink is abnormal but to them and some others it is completely normal. When I have sugar I act with a lot of energy and aggression which will make me seem abnormal but that is how some people react to sugar. Not everyone reacts the same way in certain situations. There is such a high stander in society that it seems that everyone could have a disorder but everyone reacts and thinks differently. In order to have a disorder one needs to really not have control on their reactions in situations that make them sometimes destructive to others. Everyone has an abnormal habit to others some how in some way.


I believe that I have a disorder call Obsessive-compulsive disorder. This disorder is an anxiety disorder characterized by unwanted repetitive thoughts and/ or actions. These senseless or offensive thoughts never go way and "haunt" you. I have the obsessive-compulsive disorder because when ever I get done eating I have to wipe my mouth area at least five times and then a few times later on during the day. It is really annoying but I always think that there are food stains on my face and I hate the fact that it could be there.

The most interesting thing I learned is the diagnoses of schizophrenia is 1 in 100 which is a lot of people and there is a set of quadruplets that all have this disorder. It is interesting that they all have the disorder and I wonder, and I am sure others too, that a lot of disorders can be inherited and developed by how you are raised. Everyone have different interpretations on all situations which make it difficult to understand where disorders come from.

2 comments:

  1. I agree that in our society, many people can judge others and think they may have a disorder just because they act out of the norm. I think that a lot of people have to do that to their mouth but are so accustomed to doing it, they never realize they are actually doing it that many times. Crazy! I thought the quadruplets with schizophrenia was really interesting and almost seemed impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that a psychological disorder is when it messes with our life styles and our minds. It shows in the ways we do things. I liked your comment about guys wearing pink. Abnormal, yet perfectly fine and definitely not an illness. Everyone does something abnormally in their own select way but that does not mean that every person has a psychological or mental disorder. Growing up, I thought I had some form of OCD, too. I could never have my food touching other food. I also could only eat one thing at a time, not skip from food to food and then come back to the original food. However, I am kind of growing out of it and am getting a lot better and not so panicky if my food touches or I eat out of sync.

    ReplyDelete