Classical Conditioning: If a stimulus that results in an emotional response is repeated alongside another stimulus which does not cause an emotional response, eventually the second stimulus will result in the same emotional response. Classical Conditioning is thus ‘learning by association’. An example would be like a mother feeding a child. A mother would have the microwave running to warm the food and then feed the child. Afterwards the child knows that every time that the microwave runs the child would receive food. Operant Conditioning: Is the conditioning of actions and consequences. Classical conditioning forms an association between two stimuli. Operant conditioning forms an association between a behavior and a consequence. It is interesting because they can work together or be completely different. You can train someone with a classical condition to a different condition through operant conditioning. In my life it is interesting to learn about natural behaviors and if you can train a behavior to something completely opposite. Having some natural conditioning of certain behaviors and want to change them there are was for me to have a different result.
Positive reinforcement is the presentation of something pleasant or rewarding immediately following a behavior. When I was little I would get to stay up late if I didn’t wine or act badly. I loved to watch TV but my brothers were the ones that wanted to go to bed because the programs were not appropriate for me.
A negative reinforcement is the avoiding of the presentation of something bad or negative. When I was little I would do everything that I was told to do, like clean my room, so I wouldn’t get grounded. I was very convincing back in the day.
Punishment is the punishing someone for doing as they were suppose to buy physical pain or the lack of an award. When I was really little my brothers blamed me for breaking something that they broke and I got grounded for it. It made me very mad and I cried for the entire day.
The thing that interested me the most was the punishment. It is interesting that punishment behavior is suppressed and not forgotten, teaches discrimination, teaches fear, and may increase aggression when coping with problems. What I reminds me most of all is the new child punishment laws. When I was little parents were able to spank their kids and it hurt but now a days you can because it would be consider being child abuse. Kids today can get away with anything and parents have no power to control them. Kids run wild in the shops and will not stop crying at all. I believe that children can endure some physical punishment as long as it doesn’t go to far. This is why I am not planning on having children in the future. They control everything and I don’t believe that they should be qualified to do so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree on childrens' punishment. My mother ask my doctor when I was little when, the child abuse laws came out, the doctor said it was ok as long as there was no bruising and the child wouldn't be in pain for two days. Belts and kitchen items are truly abuse. So it's ok for parents to do that. My brother and I were given spankings we turned out fine. It was a way of learning right from wrong and respect. Those parents today that don't give punishment probally just don't want give spankings because they never got them when they were little and consider it bad parenting. It's just karma biting really hard for giving their parents hell.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Mandie. I think it's kind of ridiculous that people "don't believe" in spankings. My parents gave me spankings, and they hurt a little but not that bad. I think the kids that don't recieve punishments rule over their parents, because they can do anything they choose. My sister and I turned out just fine with getting punished. If anything, it showed us to respect our parents. And cassandra, I also goit blamed for stuff i didn't do and got punished. lol It's not fun! haha
ReplyDelete